Matt and Laura have been married since 2007 and have two children, Solomon and Ruby.
If you would like to request Matt to preach, teach, or speak at your event email him here.
- B.A.,the Arts, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Fall 2005.
- M.Div. with Biblical Languages, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fall 2008.
- D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2015.
- Ministry Intern, Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC (2005)
- Calvary School of Pastoral Leadership, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2006 – 2008)
- Associate Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2009 – 2013)
- Brand Manager, The Gospel Project at LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN (2013-Current)
- Teaching Pastor, The Fellowship, Nashville, TN (2014-Current)
- Theosthetics: Thoughts from the Intersection of Aesthetics and Worship; Collide Magazine, July/August 2008.
- Book Review of The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson; beginningwithmoses.org, October 2011.
- Adoption, Orphan Care, and the Southern Baptist Convention; TogetherForAdoption.org, May 2012.
- The Noetic Effects of Sin and Discipleship of the Mind, ProjectTGM.com, October 2012.
- Book Review of The God Problem by Robert Wuthnow, The Gospel Coalition, December 2012.
- Christ-Centered Reading, Preaching, and Teaching, ProjectTGM.com, May 2013.
- Pastor, Don’t Waste Your Summer!, GospelProject.com, May 2013. (Also posted at ChurchLeaders.com)
- Fathering an Adopted Son, CBMW.com, June 2013.
- Book Review of What Happens After I Die? by Michael Allen Rogers, The Gospel Coalition, June 2013.
- The Discipleship Interview with Eric Geiger, ericgeiger.com, July 2013.
- Why Do We Need Physical Rest?, GospelProject.com, August, 2013.
- A Deeper Look at What the Bible Says About Spiritual Growth, ExploreGod.com, September 2013.
- What Is Our Problem With Hell?, GospelProject.com, October 2013.
- Following the Steps of the Crucified One, Kingdom People, February 2014.
What is the gospel?
What does Matt believe?
Nothing written or posted on this blog should be construed as being an official or unofficial opinion or position of my employer or my church home.