Matt and Laura have been married since 2007 and have one son, Solomon.
If you would like to request Matt to preach, teach, or speak at your event email him here.
- Co-teacher, Equip, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Lebanon, TN). September – November, 2013.
- Co-teacher, Class, The Fellowship at Two Rivers (Nashville, TN). August – October, 2013.
Preaching and Teaching
- June 30, Preaching, First Baptist Church, Decatur, AL
- July 14, Preaching, The Fellowship, Nashville and Mount Juliet, TN
- August 8, Devotion, LifeWay Distribution Center, Lebanon, TN
- August 11, Teacher Training, Valley View Baptist Church, Tuscaloosa, AL
- August 31, Teacher Training, Community Bible Church, Nashville, TN
- September 15, Preaching, Burton Memorial Baptist Church, Bowling Green, KY
- September 29, Preaching, The Fellowship, Nashville, TN
- November 17, Teacher Training, Green Acres Baptist Church, Tyler, TX
- December 29, Preaching, The Fellowship, Nashville, TN
- January 19, Preaching, Burton Memorial Baptist Church, Bowling Green, KY
- January 26, Preaching, Burton Memorial Baptist Church, Bowling Green, KY
- B.A. the Arts, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Fall 2005.
- M.Div. with Biblical Languages, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fall 2008.
- D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2015.
- Ministry Intern, Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC (2005)
- Calvary School of Pastoral Leadership, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2006 – 2008)
- Associate Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2009 – 2013)
- Brand Manager, The Gospel Project at LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN (2013-Current)
- Theosthetics: Thoughts from the Intersection of Aesthetics and Worship; Collide Magazine, July/August 2008.
- Book Review of The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson; beginningwithmoses.org, October 2011.
- Adoption, Orphan Care, and the Southern Baptist Convention; TogetherForAdoption.org, May 2012.
- The Noetic Effects of Sin and Discipleship of the Mind, ProjectTGM.com, October 2012.
- Book Review of The God Problem by Robert Wuthnow, The Gospel Coalition, December 2012.
- Christ-Centered Reading, Preaching, and Teaching, ProjectTGM.com, May 2013.
- Pastor, Don’t Waste Your Summer!, GospelProject.com, May 2013. (Also posted at ChurchLeaders.com)
- Fathering an Adopted Son, CBMW.com, June 2013.
- Book Review of What Happens After I Die? by Michael Allen Rogers, The Gospel Coalition, June 2013.
- The Discipleship Interview with Eric Geiger, ericgeiger.com, July 2013.
What is the Gospel?
What does Matt believe?