Matt and Laura have been married since 2007 and have one son, Solomon.
If you would like to request Matt to preach, teach, or speak at your event email him here.
- B.A. the Arts, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Fall 2005.
- M.Div. with Biblical Languages, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fall 2008.
- D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2015.
- Ministry Intern, Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte, N.C. (2005)
- Calvary School of Pastoral Leadership, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, N.C. (2006 – 2008)
- Associate Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, N.C. (2009 – 2013)
Publications and References
- Theosthetics: Thoughts from the Intersection of Aesthetics and Worship; Collide Magazine, July/August 2008.
- Quoted in Jesus Saves, But Does He Shave?, by Gabrielle Devenish, The Christian Post, December 2011.
- Book Review of The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson; beginningwithmoses.org, October 2011.
- Several Book Study Guides for PLNTD.com, November 2011 – January 2013.
- Adoption, Orphan Care, and the Southern Baptist Convention; TogetherForAdoption.org, May 2012.
- State church leaders to share adoption passion in New Orleans; The Biblical Recorder, June 2012.
- Adoption is Topic of SBC Panel Discussion, Baptist Press, June 2012.
- Panel in New Orleans shares joys of adoption, challenges church, The Biblical Recorder, June 2012.
- The Noetic Effects of Sin and Discipleship of the Mind, ProjectTGM.com, October 2012.
- Book Review of The God Problem by Robert Wuthnow; The Gospel Coalition, December 2012.