Matt serves as the Senior Pastor of Fairview Baptist Church in Apex, NC.
Matt and Laura have been married since 2007 and have two children, Solomon and Ruby.
- B.A.,the Arts, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Fall 2005.
- M.Div. with Biblical Languages, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fall 2008.
- D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2016.
- Ministry Intern, Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC (2005)
- Calvary School of Pastoral Leadership, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2006 – 2008)
- Associate Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, NC (2009 – 2013)
- Brand Manager, The Gospel Project at LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN (2013-2015)
- Teaching Pastor, The Fellowship, Nashville, TN (2014-2015)
- Senior Pastor, Fairview Baptist Church, Apex, NC (2015-Current)
- Hebrews: A 12-Week Study, Knowing The Bible, Edited by J.I. Packer and Dane Ortlund (Crossway, 2015)
- The One Thing A Church Needs From It’s Pastor, For The Church
- The Gospel and Our Adoption in Christ, Hickory Grove Baptist Church
- Sermons at Fairview Baptist Church (2015 – Current)
- Theosthetics: Thoughts from the Intersection of Aesthetics and Worship; Collide Magazine
- Book Review of The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson; Beginning with Moses
- Adoption, Orphan Care, and the Southern Baptist Convention; Together For Adoption
- The Noetic Effects of Sin and Discipleship of the Mind, Gospel Centered Discipleship
- Book Review of The God Problem by Robert Wuthnow, The Gospel Coalition
- Christ-Centered Reading, Preaching, and Teaching, Gospel Centered Discipleship
- Pastor, Don’t Waste Your Summer!, The Gospel Project (Also posted at Church Leaders)
- Fathering an Adopted Son, The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
- Book Review of What Happens After I Die? by Michael Allen Rogers, The Gospel Coalition
- The Discipleship Interview with Eric Geiger, Eric Geiger
- Why Do We Need Physical Rest?, The Gospel Project
- Belonging to Abba, Facts and Trends
- A Deeper Look at What the Bible Says About Spiritual Growth, Explore God
- What Is Our Problem With Hell?, The Gospel Project
- Following the Steps of the Crucified One, Kingdom People
- The Word in Community, Facts and Trends
- The Benefits of a Church Membership Class, The Ministry Grid
- The Atonement and the Passover, Ed Stetzer at Christianity Today
- Pastoral Care, Confidentiality, and Sexual Abuse, Pastors Today
- The Power of Story: Captivated by the Gospel, Facts and Trends
- The Long Awaited King, The Gospel Project
- Book Review of Gospel Formed by J.A. Medders, The Gospel Coalition
- The Pastor as Shepherd, For The Church
- 5 Best Books On Hebrews, Church Leaders
- Our Words Will Be Thunder When Our Life Is Like Lightning, For The Church
- The Bible and Spiritual Formation, The Gospel Project
- Why Study The Book of Hebrews?, Crossway
- Why Theology Matters, Facts and Trends and Baptist Press
- Pastor, You Aren’t Superman, For The Church
- Shepherding with Sense and Sensibility, The Gospel Coalition
- The Beauty of Congregational Worship, For The Church
Contributed or Quoted
- Younger Southern Baptists seek a less partisan approach to political engagement Questions, The Washington Post
Nothing written or posted on this blog should be construed as being an official or unofficial opinion or position of my employer and church home.